Re: M3 LTW...?

To: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Subject: Re: M3 LTW...?
From: Woody Hair <woodym3@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 22:13:56 -0400
Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com wrote:
  I consider the Sipester to be somewhat of an expert on M cars.
> Believe him.  Grey area, <200 cars produced:  STOCK?  NOT!

No, the actual number was more like 85.  I agree tho - no-way a stock
car.

> As far as CSP M3's (E36's) and ASP M3 Lightweights, the problem may be the
> ability to update/backdate cars into Lightweights.  Maybe the SEB wanted to
>keep
> that from happening?
> AB

I think the perfect comparison for the M3 LTW is the Mustang Cobra R.
Both were produced for the same purpose:  a car for the professional
production car racing series such as IMSA's Firehawk and SCCA's World
Challenge.  For Solo2 the Cobra R was put it ESP with other Mustangs.
I'm not aware that update/backdate became an issue.
Woody