Re: "Voluntary bumping"

To: Josh Sirota <jss@marimba.com>
Subject: Re: "Voluntary bumping"
From: Mark Shaw <autox@inficad.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 19:23:55 -0700
Josh Sirota wrote:
> I *think* your definition is the ability to run in a "higher" category
> than your car is prepared for.......

Bingo..

> On that second definition, which might be yours, I totally agree, that's
> absolutely fine (but it's not necessarily the case that your CSP-legal
> Miata is legal for EP).

Glad we finally agree.  Guess I poorly defined my argument...?

> You can definitely cheat with rules like that (see my rainy day example
> from a couple of days ago).

Based on the crazy protests that have occurred over the years, if you
place yourself into another class by following the rules...how can that
be considered "cheating?"  A little devious maybe, but hey, if we didn't
have all these obscure rules it wouldn't be possible..:-)

Mark