Re: Old T-shirt artwork

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Old T-shirt artwork
From: fwheeler@csc.com
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 14:11:18 -0500
On Wed, 25 Aug 1999 21:26:53 -0500
Mark Noeltner <mnoeltne@ezl.com> asked
8< snip ... 8=
I remember about 20 years ago or so, there were a lot of T-shirts that had
automotive artwork done by the same artist. Can't remember the guy's name
(Roach??), but a lot of the shirts had a caricature of a car doing a tire
smoking burnout.
8< snip... 8=
Please send me the URL if you know of any!!

That's Ed "Big Daddy" Roth. He's got a home page at www.ratfink.com.
He signed his artwork "Roach" (IIRC) and the character in the caricature
was named RatFink. His web page currently only has an ad for the upcoming
Moon Equipment Products catalog. I've heard in the past his web site had
some of his art work.

BTW, that's closer to 40 years ago or so.

/Scott Wheeler (NCCC voyeur)
Cowtown Vettes/Fort Worth TX