RE: 15 entries in Street Touring for Nationals...we need 5

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>, Vince Bly <Vince.Bly@gsfc.nasa.gov>,
Subject: RE: 15 entries in Street Touring for Nationals...we need 5
From: Judy Becker <judyb@cts.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 15:16:25 -0700
Hi Katie
A long long long time ago on a lot far far far away at an event here in San
Diego we had a very good lady driver who chose to run the Open/Men's class.
As it turns out she happened to have had the top time for the ladies.
Alas, she did not get a trophy for ladies top time as she ran in open &
that's the class where her times counted.
Oy---did she get mad, stomped & fumed & fussed all over the pits.....
We explained that had she run in a woman's class she would have gotten the
ladies top time trophy but since she had not she would get the place trophy
for the class she ran in.

She just didn't want to accept that explanation.

Ah well just one of those past experiences that add to the fun of our
sport....

Have fun in Kansas with your folks.

Judy in San Diego   {:>}