Re: 15 entries in Street Touring for Nationals...we need 5

To: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>, autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 15 entries in Street Touring for Nationals...we need 5
From: Vince Bly <Vince.Bly@gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 17:05:13 -0400
At 07:35 PM 8/29/99 -0500, Loren Williams wrote:

>Ron Conrad wrote:
>>
>> Rumor has it that if Street Touring gets 20 cars at this years Nationals,
>> the class will be an official class at the Solo II Nationals in 2000.
>>
>> Has anybody else heard this?  We just need 5 more entries!
>
>If ST were already a "National" class, the rule book says as long as we
>have 12 or more entries, we're safe.  20 could very well be a number
>that someone tossed out, but with 15+ entries in the class (travelling
>from all over the country), I'd be VERY surprised if ST were not offered
>as a National class next year.
>
>For what it's worth, I've entered Nats in the ST class... now if I could
>just learn to drive between now and the middle of next month...
>

>--
>Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
>'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca

Loren,

        First, a friend called to check on his entry (in ST) and was told
by Denver that there are now 21 cars registered in ST!  Great!

        Second, STL is not empty (Linda Duncan is driving my Prelude in
STL).  However, it would be a lot more fun with more ladies.  I wonder
if you and Wendi Allen would consider switching to STL?  'Any other ST
ladies out there who might run STL?

        Third, referring to another ST thread, it is likely that the top
Street Touring class in 2000 will be STR.  We were hoping some of the
non-R tire manufactures (such as Michelin) might want to become actively
involved is ST.  Since that now seems unlikely, STR will likely take the
top spot.  To paraphrase Howard Duncan: "With ST, if you really do a
great job in preparing your car with all the legal engine and suspension
goodies and you really drive well, you might be as fast as a top H Stock
car.  Groan.  You can imagine the rest.  Now none of this is set in
concrete, so if you have a constructive suggestion, one way or another,
make sure you let Denver know.

                                                Vince Bly  #49 Street Touring