Re: stolen rx7

To: "Christopher Roger Cammack" <cmack@WPI.EDU>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: stolen rx7
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 20:52:38 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher Roger Cammack <cmack@WPI.EDU>
To: autox@autox.team.net <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Sunday, September 05, 1999 5:05 PM
Subject: stolen rx7

>hello team dot netters.
>last thursday night i had the misfortune of having my 1984 mazda gsl se
>rx7 stolen.

Bummer.  Here in the Twin Cities?

>it has numerous modifications and as time goes by without
>word about its whereabouts, i am tending to think it has been parted out
>in some chop shop.  it was insured againt theft, so insurance should cover
>some of the cost of the car, but how do i convince the insurance company
>to give me more than the 2000--2500 normal blue book for my car.

If you have a regular insurance policy, you don't.

>it would
>cost more than 8000 to make something that rivals the goodies in my car.

When you take an older car and fix it up, you have a decision to make.  You
either get special insurance as a modified car or you take your chances with
a regular policy.  If you get a regular policy, the insurance company will
give you enough to buy a regular car.  As much as I hate car-insurance
companies for some of the stuff they do, this is really fair.  They had a
right to know what they were insuring.  If you didn't tell them about the
extra equipment up front, you can't expect them to insure it, can you?

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/