Re: The 'New' G Stock

To: Alan Pozner <apozner@epix.net>
Subject: Re: The 'New' G Stock
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 08:30:28 -0500
Alan Pozner wrote:

> Well, let's really stir the pot:
> If I were a vindictive SCCA official who was really steamed at Daimler
> Chrysler for pulling contingency money "abruptly" what I'd do is get rid
> of "Neon Stock" ( DS for the unprejudiced out there ) by slamming both
> the Type R and AWD DSM in there.

There's a great idea, let's take it out on the dues paying membership!
I sense that you were just putting this out as a fun "what if", but the
underlying message is that the "SCCA" will class cars in Solo for
political reasons.  Even though you were kidding (?), I think it is
important for folks to know that this is not how things work.  I sure
hope that my belief in our fellow competitors who make up the SEB, SCAC,
..., who really do the classing, is not misguided.
--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese