Re: Easy Question

To: "washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Easy Question
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 22:49:36 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
To: autox@autox.team.net <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Monday, September 06, 1999 9:50 PM
Subject: Easy Question

>This should be an easy one for Team-dot-netters:

Especially if they work for a municipality and answer questions about sewer
charges.

>How much volume does a gallon of gasoline, or any liquid for that
>matter, occupy?  Answer in ft3 or inches3.

Just ask the Saint Paul Public Works sewer-charge administrator.  The Saint
Paul Water Utility thinks in CCF and most of the people who live in the city
think in gallons.  So, to explain sewer charges to customers, I must know
that there are 748 USA gallons in one CCF.

One cubic foot = 7.48 gallons
One gallon = .1337 cubic feet
One gallon = 231.02 cubic inches

Darn seldom I get to bring my job to the autocross net!

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/