Alignment (Toe) question

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alignment (Toe) question
From: "Eric Marshall" <emarshal@radiks.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 12:22:12 -0500
I am taking my MR2 ('87) back for some additional alignment work (mainly
more negative camber needed on the left side).
Anyhow,  I have a question about how to convert the Toe setting from inches
to degrees.
The spec I was suggested to use of 1/16"-1/8" Toe-in in the rear, but my
alingment shop's rack uses degrees.  Right now my rear toe is at 0.04
degrees on the Left and 0.06 degrees on the Right.  This is way out of
factory spec.  I just want to make sure I don't have toe-out now, because
that is what the car drives like.  In hard fast right turns the back end
kind of hops over when the weight transfers to the outside (left) tire - not
a good feeling.   In fast left turns I get a vibration but that may just be
a balance issue.

The complete readout (all degrees):
Camber   LF -.06   LR -.07   RF -1.2   RR -1.4
Caster (front only) LF 5.0   RF 5.2
Toe    LF 0.02    LR 0.04    RF 0.03   RR 0.06
(0.04 looks like the factory spec for the front and 0.20 looks like the
factory spec for the rear)

Help!

Eric