re : Yoko A032R's in the wet? (long)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: re : Yoko A032R's in the wet? (long)
From: AnalogMike@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 14:14:10 EDT
Howdy,

The Yokos are pretty good, but if you want a REALLY good rain tire,
try the Toyo RA-1. I had a set on Monday at the Dodge Vintage Festival
at Lime Rock and they were superb!! The track was wet with a few puddles
and drying. I passed about 10 cars on the 1st lap and was in 3rd place
catching up to Brian Redman (!) and a Jaguar XKE for several laps until
lapped traffic slowed me. I Held on to 3rd overall and 2nd in class.
The car and tires were so good that I never needed negative lock
for the entire race. The Kumhos that I was running in the dry were
not nearly as good when I tried them for a few wet practice laps.
(Sorry, Scotty!) P.S. Nice race win in the C5!!! Looks like us ol' cone
bashers are not doing too badly!!! But you should really get a 996
if you want to win again :-)

For a very short writeup, and pix of the race (which will be on Speedvision
11/26) and other races I ran this year, check out :

http://www.analogman.com/911

I'm off to Watkins Glen tomorrow for the SVRA races,
hope everyone has fun in Ragweed City, USA (Topekah,  ah, ah - choo!).

Regards, mike piera  AnalogMike@aol.com  '72 911S Targa, '73 911RS Replica

www.analogman.com/911 - my racing pages

 ~^v^~ aNaLoG.MaN ~^v^~  vintage guitars   www.analogman.com