RE: Leasing an autocross car

To: "'Darren Madams'" <darren@madams.com>,
Subject: RE: Leasing an autocross car
From: Phil Osborne <posborne@minuteman-ups.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 13:10:33 -0500
Leased a 95 ACR coupe for 3 years back in 95.  Low payment of only 200 per
month, with no money up front.  Nothing prevented autox use, but as I
recall there was a race exclusion.  Turned it in at the end of 36 mon with
only 30,000 miles.  Dealer bought it and made a road race car out of it.
 Still has it...

Phil O.

Subject:        Leasing an autocross car

Has anyone had any experience leasing their car for stock class
competition?

The attraction is great, new competetive car every 2 or 3 years, minimal
regular maintainance on worn out parts, low monthly payments (yeah I know
about equity), etc. etc.

My concerns are whether there are specific exclusions in the lease
contracts
or whether there are return penalties other than for obvious wear/damage.

Cya'll in Topeka!

        --Darren
          Still looking for next years car...