Re: Lets sound off...how many are staying home??

To: "Larry R. Metz" <lrmetz@home.com>, "Team Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lets sound off...how many are staying home??
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 23:12:18 -0500
From: Larry R. Metz <lrmetz@home.com>

>OK, anyone else still around home???

Larry, do you have any idea what you are asking?  There are maybe 2000
people on this mailing list.  About 200 are going to nationals.  I don't
know if we need 1800 posts telling everybody that we are home.

But hey, I'll play.  :-)

I'm staying home to try to get my gas line to my new shop to hold air so the
inspector will sign off on it.  So I can have heat this winter.  So I can
work on the Lotus.  So I can autocross next summer.  So I can go to
Nationals.

OK, that last one is a real stretch.  But if enough miracles align, I might
be there with the Lotus.  I'd still be way out of reach of a trophy, but I
should be able to drive a lot faster than my first event in a Corvette.

Lotus Europa, VW Quantum Syncro, Chev Suburban
LOON, TCVWC, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/