Digesting digest #3512

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Digesting digest #3512
From: Jim Carr <jac@scri.fsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 16:46:38 -0400 (EDT)
 Up front, thanks to the two folks who wrote me about the "events"
 that led to the safety comment in Fastrack.  Now two bits from
 the last digest, combined for convenience:

 --------
Mike Bultemeier <hottvr@tfs.net> wrote:

> Subject: Nationals course maps
>
> The Nats course maps are on the web at
>
> http://www.boltmaker.com/NORTH.JPG
> http://www.boltmaker.com/south.jpg

 Thanks!

 Now, a question for those of you out walking the course: I assume
 the maps are to scale, but the SCCA never provides a scale on their
 maps.  So could someone provide the following?

 South Course: What is the distance from 112 to 113, and what is
 the spacing of the increasing slalom 113-114-115-116-17-118.
 Also, what is the horizontal offset from 140 to 144, how long
 is that short wall, and what is the horizontal offset between
 149 and 150?  Man that looks sweet.  Knowing the actual radii
 of Karen's first turn would be nice also.

 North Course: What is the spacing in the 143-144-145-146 slalom?
 What is the 64-65-66 slalom spacing, as well as the separation of
 the 211-212-214 cones.  (Hard to find any on-a-line cones on a
 Roger Johnson course!)  The entrance-exit width of his "Ewe Turn"
 (say 158 to 177, or 156 to 182) would also be nice to know.

 Oh, and are the cones exactly aligned in the sections I identified
 as slaloms up above?  It looks like they are, but one never knows.

 Many thanks in advance.

 --------
Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com> wrote (in part):

> Subject: Re: 2000 Pro Solo info
> So, where are the reports???? How did CS do at the Finale? 8-)

 Follow the "Press Releases" on the web site:

  http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/99nationals/press4.html

   Eckert won CS in a 91 MR2 on Kumhos, overall "National Series"
   champion was Hernandez in a 91 MR2 on Kumhos.  And speaking of
   the MR2, Harrington is listed as winning AS.

   I won't list the others, but it is interesting that P5 was won
   by Dahl in a 99 Miata on Hoosiers and BS was won by Raymond in
   a 99 Miata on Hoosiers.  Hmmmmm.....

 From http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/99nationals/press2.html

   Neons: Daddio (DS), King (ES), Molleker (DSL), and Gerber (ESL).
          All on BFG except Gerber (Kuhmo).

 --------

 Jim Carr (BS '93 Miata and Old Fartz Physicist)