Re: An ill wind

To: Jim Carr <jac@scri.fsu.edu>
Subject: Re: An ill wind
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 08:02:51 -0700

Jim Carr wrote:

>  At first I thought you were referring to the ill wind that resulted
>  in the BS Ladies having a 4 second advantage over the BS open class
>  by virtue of running first on Tuesday.  Pity the poor AS drivers
>  who started early but hit a cone on the first run.....

Or worse. If one hits a cone on their first run with threatening clouds,
that is just racing. One should know that the first run my have to
count. What is worse, is what happened to Tom Harrington yesterday. Tom
was gridded with a relatively low number in AS. He knew his first run
might have to count. As he attacked he course, he came onto a down cone.
He stopped, went back to grid. By the time he could take his re-run, the
skies had opened up.

It turns out that only the first people in grid in AS got in dry runs,
so the times there are bit skewed.

It must be very frustrating to spend all this time and money to be at
Topeka, to think you really have a shot at winning, specially as a
rookie, then to have it all gone because of some course worker's
inattention. I know it's all part of racing and stuff happens...but that
bites.

Randy Chase