Re: Topeka (part deux)

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Topeka (part deux)
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 21:12:04 -0500

Matthew D Murray wrote:

> Solo meeting touched on the ST proposal from Dennis Grant. People spoke
> about the pros and cons of it. The SEB listened. I don't think anything
> was decided, but at least Dennis could speak to the membership at large
> with the SEB there.

To say that the meeting "touched on" the subject is an understatement.
ST was (surprising to many) the primary topic of the meeting.  I agree,
it did seem to be a useful meeting.  Many opinions were expressed.

> Many people changing tire manufacturers. We'll see who is on what in a
> few days.

Gotta talk about ST (generic ST, not R or U) and tires soon.  I have to
refine the data I collected from the ST class at Nationals.  I was
initially thinking that perhaps a tire exclusion list to get those $200+
tires that most of us can't afford out of the mix might be a good idea,
but I think I may have found a better solution. (think about the Stock
class rule about tire size & availability and you'll see where I'm
headed)  More on this later.

> I'll try to post rough results if I can. Mark Sirota is without e-mail,
> so I don't know who else will forward info. My Juno ISP has been flakey,
> so some may came via AOL. :^(

Since no one has mentioned it, and it doesn't look like today's results
have made it to the SCCA site yet:

Street Touring:
1.  Mark Allen
2.  Wendi Allen
3.  Vince Bly

A lot of the other ST guys made a good showing, being only 1-2 seconds
off.  I had problems in the rain yesterday (unusual for me, I generally
like running in the rain) and cone problems today.  Haven't looked at
the results, but I'm pretty sure I'm DFL.

> We know how much you all would like to attend, so we'll try to keep info
> going out.

I'm back home now (that 2 hour drive was a bitch, I tell you), so I hope
someone will keep us posted on the remaining two days.  I'm particularly
interested in ES, HS and ESP. (my ES Saturn buds, our local HS hero Russ
Blume, and several of our guys in ESP)

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca