MY IDEA (was GS Type R)

To: J28Starnes@aol.com, BRUBEL51@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: MY IDEA (was GS Type R)
From: "Jeff Lloyd" <jslz3@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 00:12:11 GMT
Listers,

I think we are all in agreement that the Stock classing structure needs a
major overhaul, hopefully WE can come up with a fair proposal making more
cars compeditive..  I would love every class to have many a compeditive car,
and if our beloved SCCA is willing to abandon it's politically motovated
structure I think this can happen, we need to abandon the Idea that cars
should be classed by things like price, Apperance, drive layout, ect..  and
be classed purely on performance potential...  I don't mind, and I think The
SCCA was on the right track with the Pro classes last year..  and we have to
accept the fact that some cars even if they dont "look" like a car for that
class belong there...     I mean cars like the celica and type R are prime
examples, the Neon and miata also are prime examples.. is anyone on this
list willing to discuss this in detail and to show our support by creating a
petition, to be presented to the SEB, and If I can get a team of a few
members to help me. we can compile results, from all MAJOR events, for this
whole year and reclass all the cars by realistic potential...

who is willing to help me here? and be a part of what could one of the best
things to happen to soloII since the invention of the R-tire

Thanks
Jeff Lloyd