Re: MY IDEA (was GS Type R)

To: Jeff Lloyd <jslz3@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: MY IDEA (was GS Type R)
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 15:52:54 -0400
Jeff Lloyd wrote:
> I think we are all in agreement that the Stock classing structure
> needs a major overhaul, ...

I certainly don't agree, and I suspect you'd have a hard time finding
any sort of majority who do.

> ... and if our beloved SCCA is willing to abandon it's politically
> motovated structure ...

Care to back that up?

> we need to abandon the Idea that cars should be classed by things like
> price, Apperance, drive layout, ect..  and be classed purely on
> performance potential...

They are classed mostly on performance potential.  But "drive layout,
etc." need to be factored in to take care of course dependencies.  And
price (and availability) need to be factored in to keep costs
reasonable.

It's not as easy or simple as you seem to believe.

Mark