RE: ST tire options

To: "Loren Williams" <Loren@kscable.com>, "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: ST tire options
From: "Thomas VandenOever" <tavandy1@airmail.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 23:55:40 -0500

<major snippage>

> Forget about availability rules and exclusion lists, let people do what
> they want on the local level.  Define one or a few tire models for
> Divisional/National level events as a sort of "spec tire".  This may
> seem "different" for Solo, but when you consider that to win any stock
> class you have to have one of the "spec tires", either BFG, Kumho or
> Hoosier... it's not so far fetched.  We just need to specify the spec
> tires for the class so that they don't end up being the most expensive
> tires available! (that aren't available in all sizes) I think a good
> "spec tire" set would be the Yokohama AVS Intermediate,

I have received word (from Discount Tire) that the AVS Intermediate
has been canceled in several popular sizes. It may be that all the
sizes of this tire may bite the dust. The local Yokohama Rep was not
very helpful or insightful. I would love to hear an official word from
Yokohama on this matter.

>Potenza RE71 and
> Dunlop SP8000.  That would satisfy everyone's needs and give a little
> bit of choice to most drivers... and most importantly, not break the
> bank!
>

> Okay, I'm done.  Your turn.
>

> --
Thanks