Fw: AP for 2000, was: AP as viewed from fourth place

To: "Team. Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: AP for 2000, was: AP as viewed from fourth place
From: "George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 11:49:17 -0500
Were you at last years Town Hall?? Where a couple Mazda drivers
and others from AP (FP, actually) that were running in  EM in protest,
and others (besides my wife and myself) that did not even enter the
1998 Nationals, went to the Town Hall that day anyway to talk to the
SEB/PAC about the AP/FP issues ????

It seems  they may have taken a recording there and played it over
again this year. Of course, I wasn't there for this one, but it sounds as
if  a lot of the same dialogue took place. Last year, they were going to
implement some of the rule changes (fuel injection relaxation for one -
it happened - not as broad scoped as outlined in the meeting - - but it
did happen, at least) in 1999 with the rest to take place in Y2K. (That
part hasn't happened, according to recent Fastrak's).

Did they say whether this AP/FP split was to take place in Y2K or in
2001? There was a Fastrak article in both this months and in July's issues
that outlined the gray/black market, exotics, and kit car rules in AP for
2000 (there was a hint the AP/FP issues were still alive for 2001 rule-
making, however).

It was also in the July issue that they made a statement about not changing
rules in AP because the winners for the past couple years had moved to
another class - so no adjustrment was necessary. Remember that one? I
choked on my coffee when I read that - - and then I wrote a  letter to this
forum, copying every SEB and PAC member, and a copy to the SCCA.
I asked what (1) kept the previous winners from returning to AP ?(2)
prevented one from buying their existing cars and entering in AP?, or (3)
cloning the winning cars? BTW, I received no response from SEB, PAC
or the SCCA to that e-mail. (Surprise!!!). Just flak from Team.Net.

I wonder which direction they will go next, what new tack will be put out
when it appears in writing? Just as last year, they both (SEB/PAC)
verbalized well from what you say. But it will be interesting to see what
actually appears in print.

At least now, once again, there is a little hope for the old FP guys - we
have been fighting for competition survival since the 1995 merger of these
2 classes.