Re: Why is the protestor named the "bad guy?"

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Why is the protestor named the "bad guy?"
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 21:40:37 -0500

"Larry R. Metz" wrote:

> If their protest wins they are the good guy, but if it loses they are a
> sore loser???
>
> OK, readers.....lets hear reactions to this opening?

If you're referring to the protests that Katie suffered in BS, I'd have
to agree that they were of the weiner variety.  C'mon, ride height
variances have been an issue in stock classes before, and the result is
always the same.  Ignition timing???  Please!

If a driver manages to spank every other driver in the same model car by
a significant margin, then maybe there's reason to look for something
illegal on the car.  Such was certainly not the case.  Katie is just a
good driver (she certainly has had no lack of excellent instruction or
practice) in one of many, many well-prepared B Stock Miatas.

If I were looking for a protest in BS, I'd start with the first two
trophy positions with two-day totals over a second faster than anyone
else in class.  Surely THEY must be illegal, right?  Let's protest them
for ride height... or ignition timing... or maybe they had some illegal
lightening somewhere to access their strut adjustments?  Any one of
those things would surely have made all the difference in the world.
Nah, they're MEN, obviously they're capable of driving that fast without
cheating.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca