Re: Fiat 124 Sport and rules

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fiat 124 Sport and rules
From: Matthew Wilder <mwilder@top.monad.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 12:31:14 -0400
The fiberglass fenders are going to be a problem, stock was steel but
like my car over the years made thier way to partialy rust with some
bondo and then some fiberglass and then mosty fiberglass as the majority
of the body turned to dust. I think for stock class you would have to
prove that the factory provided fiberglass fenders as a replacement.

I think E-prepared is the place to go, keep the glass fenders, throw the
smog pump out (replace the timing belt while you're in there) trash the
exaust, take the top bows out (use them in the garden or something) and
the interior can go too, believe me you don't want to use that seat for
auto-x. Hey you can even take the windshield off, now that's kool. (this
is assuming you'd trailer it to events) You'll need a roll bar/cage a
good seat and belts, and a smile. Plus you can run any fuel pump your
heart desires. (4psi pump is plenty)

Matt
'76 Fiat 124 Spyder
'62 Lotus Super 7