Re: STU

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: STU
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 17:38:28 -0500

dg50@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:

> > Even though for the most part, SP has nothing to do with street.
>
> Says who? My SP Talon is driven to work every day.

The majority of "fully prepared" SP cars are not feasible street rides.

> > That's right, ST (and STR) are intended for street driven cars with
> > common bolt-on mods.  STU...
>
> Is the same thing, only more so.

STU is much more than just bolt-ons, though I'm sure a good STU car
COULD be made with bolt-ons.  I foresee much fabrication involved in
many of the expected STU cars.  That's not a bad thing.  They need a
place to play, too.

> > I won't even get into that, it tends to take over a discussion.

<snip>

> And it's hardly my fault that, once broached, STU was all anyone wanted to
>talk
> about. :)

I was not trying to imply that it was anyone's fault, I just didn't want
MY street tire discussion to be muddled with an STU discussion. (notice
that I replied to this portion of your message under a different subject
line)  I enjoyed the town hall meeting... and I missed the first part of
it that was actually about something other than STU.

> > I'm bucking to be the next Dennis Grant of ST.
>
> Uhh, as in "the hardworking co-ordinator od the Team.Net STU proposal" or as
>in
> "the longwinded bastard who won't shut the hell up"?

Both?

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca