Re: AP as viewed from fourth place

To: "George Ryan" <quad4fiero@webzone.net>
Subject: Re: AP as viewed from fourth place
From: "Tom_Holt" <tholt@starlight.us.dell.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 17:33:25 -0500
From: George Ryan <quad4fiero@webzone.net>

>Because FP in it's original  state was Mazda RX-7, Nissan/Datsun
>Z cars, Fiero, TVR, etc. All the grey/black market cars, kit cars, &
>exotics are slated for AP.

For what it's worth the Tri Point BMW would be an FP car.

> You will note,  all protests and petitions were from Texas AP/FP
>drivers. I guess that is how they run their Prepared classes in Texas :-)

    Actually I don't remember a single protest in AP or FP in Texas in the
six or so years I have been there. Peter Fehn told me that his protest of
the Porsche was his first ever protest at Nationals (maybe anywhere). As far
as I know David Butler has never filed any protest either. Robert Huffman is
new to the class. Topeka was his first  complete event  in his 914-6 (he won
a $100 bet for completing all 6 runs). He's been around the Solo scene for
years in other classes, but I don't know him well enough to comment on his
protest experiences.
    I know Peter spotted the belly pan first. He told me and then told his
other friends knowing it was technically illegal. Huffman wrote it up.
    We're generally an easy going  bunch.... Well, Peter IS always bitching
about something, but the protests are few and far between and the
competition is about as strong and deep as you will find in any division.

Tom
Austin Tx.