Oval racer discovers autocross

To: autocross list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oval racer discovers autocross
From: 94kart <94kart@nycap.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:19:34 -0400
Last weekend I took my 13 year-old to an autocross to run his Go-kart.
He has been racing dirt & asphalt ovals for two years and the only time
he ever turned right was when he was in trouble;) He had the best time
he has had all season. In fact he is willing to skip a season of oval
racing and concentrate on autocross next year.
   If anyone on the list is soloing a kart and would be willing to share
some setup advice and driving techniques we would be grateful. Mostly we
need information about setting track width and tire recomendations.
 We also want to thank the  Mohawk Hudson SCCA  who went out of their
way to make us feel welcome.
Thanks

Rick Crowe
Ballston Lake NY