RE: New Honda S2000 Window Sticker

To: "Burns, James B." <BurnsJB1@central.SSD.JHUAPL.edu>
Subject: RE: New Honda S2000 Window Sticker
From: Mark R Jahnke <mjahnke@shrike.depaul.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:02:45 -0500 (CDT)
SOmeone posted this same link on a local Honda list I am on.  Funniest
part that someone mentioned is where it says:  "FUEL TANK OF FUEL:  NO
CHARGE."  What a riot.

Sad thing about the S2000 is that people are going to pay whatever dealers
are asking for them.  They are only bringing over 5000 of them for what I
heard in the first year.  None of the dealers have them in my area.  THey
are all sold.  I was on the waiting list for one, with a deposit at
Motorwerks of Barrington.  Was going to get it for  my girlfriend of six
years, but things didn't work out with her anyways.  But even if I did
want it, I would not have received it.  Yes, I did have a deposit on one,
no color choice however, and my car did not come in, nor is it going to
come in.

Kind of a bummer, but I couldn't afford it right now anyways.  I was
however guarranteed the car at  sticker which I thought was pretty good.

Demand for these cars in my area seems to be high, and I think that it
will be very hard if not impossible to get one at sticker.  Possiblity to
get one below sticker will probably be impossible.

They are out on the roads now though.  I have yet to see one, but some of
the local Honda guys have.

Maybe next year the price will fall, or I guess I should say the dealer
markup might fall.  I guess we shall see.

I would love to see how one does at an event though!  So somebody go buy
one and lets see what it can do!  I have a feeling that this beat just
*might* be able to put the Miata to shame.  Anyone concur?

Mark R. Jahnke
mjahnke@shrike.depaul.edu
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/2997/
ICQ:  30406993