RE: BS Protest (sorry it's long)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: BS Protest (sorry it's long)
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 14:41:29 -0700
Byron Short writes...

> Kevin found that Katie's car was not using the same perch height that
> his car, and others, had needed to be legal.

> The PC concurred with Katie, stating that the amount the shock lacked > in
height was equal to or less than the amount of "squish" observed in > the
lower
bushing, and further, they found the "squish" in the lower
> bushing legal.

My understanding is different. As I stated in an earlier post, many after
market Miata R Koni shocks were built  approximately 2mm too low. To
compensate for this, owners of said shocks, including McCormick, put the
perch on the lowest setting, but added a shim to bring the perch up to the
original stock setting. This is easier than creating a 2mm shim.

Lucy's were legal from the factory. But not all are! Check and make sure
you're safe!

Katie