was Re: ST tire options, now shock costs

To: oz@tirerack.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: was Re: ST tire options, now shock costs
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 19:43:43 EDT
oz@tirerack.com writes:

<<
 Now how about a claiming rule on shocks to keep those $1000 custom shocks
 out of Solo2 :-) >>

I guess you'd rather see my Z3 coupe up on it's roof like a beached turtle,
because those Koni DA's are the only thing keeping it from going over with
the G's I'm pulling on Hoosier AX radials.  I really don't see the $1200 -
$2000 custom Koni's as being unreasonable (about 2 sets of tires in cost),
but I think the big concern is $5000+ triple-adjustable JRZ's with external
reservoirs and the like.  Besides, what's to keep a wealthy driver who's car
comes with specially valved shocks from the factory from buying up the
competition's hard work/effort.  If you really had any idea what some people
are really spending just to get a piece of wood you'd realize that always
having a second set of killer shocks on standby is no big deal and the
wealthy drivers will still continue to come out on top, not to mention that
some OEM shocks cost more than the Koni's anyways.  When your shocks crap out
you can save a few bucks snatching somebody elses newer ones.

Perhaps what we should really do is run on lower costing retreads, then we
don't have to throw our money away at the Tire Rack.  Bada Bing, Bada Boom!

M Sipe