Re: Street Prepared Streetability

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Street Prepared Streetability
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 18:44:28 -0500
Okay,

I don't know how or why I let myself get sucked into these silly
debates!

Anyone notice that the "top SP cars" that have been declared as
streetable so far have all been ESP cars?  There are (...a ...b ...c
...d ...) four other SP classes.

National champion ASP car as a daily driver?  Not likely.  National
champion BSP car as a daily driver?  Certainly an awful lot of potential
fun, but not likely.  National champion CSP car as a daily driver?  I
doubt it.  National champion DSP car as a daily driver?  C'mon, you
can't drive a Fiat every day! <ducking>

Any SP car can be driven on the street.  I still maintain that most
nationally competitive SP cars are not streetable... my definition of
streetable is "capable of reliable daily driving without a ride so harsh
as to make the wife complain".

Talk amongst yourselves now, that's my opinion.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca