stupid question...

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: stupid question...
From: Buddy Ahlers <buddy_ahlers@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 20:08:04 -0700 (PDT)
This is a really stupid question, but I have to ask.
A few weeks ago at a very small local event, I heard a
guy going bonkers about the fact that some of the
competitors did not have long pants and long sleeves.

I asked him what the big deal was, seeing as it was in
the mid to upper 80's at 11 a.m., and he told me (with
a look as if I had three heads) that it was an SCCA
rule that all drivers must wear long pants and long
sleeves.  He then got on his soapbox and went on about
how those in shorts should be DQed and not even
allowed to run.

Is this really a rule?  If so, is it new?  I have
never heard of it before, and I thought I spent a fair
amount of time going through the rule book too...

Is it something he may have carried over from Solo I
or from road racing?

TIA,
Buddy.