Re: stupid question...

To: Buddy Ahlers <buddy_ahlers@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: stupid question...
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 22:25:01 -0500
Buddy Ahlers wrote:

> I asked him what the big deal was, seeing as it was in
> the mid to upper 80's at 11 a.m., and he told me (with
> a look as if I had three heads) that it was an SCCA
> rule that all drivers must wear long pants and long
> sleeves.  He then got on his soapbox and went on about
> how those in shorts should be DQed and not even
> allowed to run.
>
> Is this really a rule?  If so, is it new?  I have
> never heard of it before, and I thought I spent a fair
> amount of time going through the rule book too...

Probably a local rule.  The theory is that a heater core could blow chow
on you, and somehow the clothing will protect you from the heat.  That
guy must have lived up here a while ago since I recall someone once
ignoring my argument that I was driving a 914.  (Didn't click with him,
poor soul)
Seems to me having clothing on would absorb and retain the hot liquid
thus allowing it to remain in contact with your skin longer, resulting
in more severe burns.  Maybe we should run in the buff?  Well, perhaps a
selected set of us, er,....you.

Ah, when does the post-counting season start?
--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese