2mm???

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2mm???
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 11:04:58 -0400
<<<My understanding is different. As I stated in an earlier post, many
after market Miata R Koni shocks were built  approximately 2mm too low.
To compensate for this, owners of said shocks, including McCormick, put
the perch on the lowest setting, but added a shim to bring the perch up
to the original stock setting. This is easier than creating a 2mm
shim.>>>

This is all over a 2mm difference? We allow the M030 option in the stock
classes and we give a hoot about 2mm? I just don't get it. First we
allow 1/4" different offset in wheels so people can use aftermarket
wheels and now everybody is running 1/4" spacers. Should we buy the PC a
laser gauge and pour them a perfectly flat foundation at every site so
they can properly investigate these issues?

Paul Foster