RE: 2mm???

To: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>, "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 2mm???
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 13:34:17 -0700
Paul Foster writes...

>This is all over a 2mm difference? We allow the M030 option in the stock
>classes and we give a hoot about 2mm? I just don't get it.

Actually, I get it. If you invest a lot of time and energy and maybe money
to ensure that your car is legal to the letter of the law, you might be a
little annoyed that there are others running who haven't made a similar
investment. Especially in the case of Koni shocks, which have thus far been
rather inconsistent in their perch heights. This, coupled with the fact that
others have been protested for something similar and LOST, only means that
if you compete in B Stock, you run a very high risk of being protested if it
looks like you haven't invested the same time and energy as others to get
your perch height to that exact specification. This is because the general
assumption is that if the competitor didn't go through the same lengths as
another competitor, say Kevin McCormick, then it only follows that that car
is illegal. That was the assumption, and the assumption was proven incorrect
in my case.

Katie Kelly