Re: Post Nationals responsibility! :)

To: "Lindsay Wilson" <lwilson1@ford.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Post Nationals responsibility! :)
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 17:40:28 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Lindsay Wilson <lwilson1@ford.com>

>As of Tuesday, only 2 evaluation and survey forms had been returned
>to the national office.  :(

I sent mine.

>HOW can improvements be made if you don't tell 'em what to do better?
>
>AND, did you notice the question about raising the entry fee $5 - $10
>to cover the increased dinner cost, vs. keeping the current entry fee
>and just having desert at the awards party?

Oh yes. First, if you just have dessert at the party, that means several
hundred of us trying to find dinner and still get to the awards on time. For
any individual, dinner will take longer (the Blind Tiger or Bennigans have
more than just our banquet to serve) or lousier (McDonalds is quick!). So
that aspect is a bad idea.

Better idea: Keep the entry the same, but it only buys a ticket for the ONE
awards banquet on the days YOU run. You want to go to the second, that's an
extra, just like buying a dinner for your wife. Look at all the people who
did NOT attend Friday night. Everybody at my table had two salads and two
desserts. Probably could have had two entrees too, it was likely there and
cooked.

>AND, did you notice the question(s) about having 4 runs instead of 3
>resulting in a longer day?

BAD idea. Changes the very character of the event. And further, envision
taking a schedule that starts at 8 a.m. and ends at 4 pm and then extending
it 33%. Now you are past 6:30 pm -- and that's with around 900 cars. Run
that up to 1000+ cars and you may have to do the awards like they do the
Indy 500 -- Monday after the event is over. Stock class cars only in the
last heat please, and working headlights will be on the tech form. Remember,
after you get all the cars through the course, you still have to compile
results, settle protests, make trophies, go get cleaned up, etc.

> Tell 'em what you think!
> After all, they did ask.  :)

They also asked what would improve the event. IMHO, make the Saturday
post-event access later than 8 a.m. I would like to leave the car there
Friday night (protected, etc.) go get cleaned up, make the banquet, get a
good night's sleep, and get back about 10 am to load up and go home. But the
present rule is everybody off site by 8 a.m. After this long week, and with
nothing on the schedule Saturday, I'm beat and want to sleep a bit later!

> Lindsay

--Rocky