Re: ST tire options

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: ST tire options
From: "B. Vibert" <blur@ican.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 13:03:52 -0400
> David Green wrote:
> >
> > Sure you can!  What about Dave Spalding driving his 3000GT on A032's all
> > summer?  And then Allen DeVeuve did the same thing last year.  I've
> > considered this myself.  Those R tires sure are nice on the street.  :-)
>
> A032's are the exception, and depending on what class I decide to run in
> next year, I may run them myself next year (street and autox).  BUT...
> beyond the regional level, A032's aren't really a competitive tire.  You
> couldn't take these 032's, drive them for 6 months on the street, drive
> them to Topeka, and expect to win a trophy.

I haven't removed my Toyo RA-1's from the car in over a year. They are getting
a little scary in the rain though. I do drive the car on the street quite often
and to events without changing as well.
It's mainly just the Hoosiers and BFG-s that wear and heat cycle too quickly
that you don't want to street drive.
As for being competitive, did anyone try Toyo's at Nationals?

Burl Vibert
83 911SC CASC-OR A/SS
Kingston, Ontario