99 Miata Tire and Rim sizes ??

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: 99 Miata Tire and Rim sizes ??
From: JIMVICMORE@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 13:53:20 EDT
I'm now autox'ing a '95 Miata with both 14 inch Hoosiers and Kumhos. My
experience has been that the Hoosiers stick a little better but wearout a
heck of a lot faster than the Kumhos. Now, I just bought a 10 AE Edition
Miata and I'm wondering what rim width 10 AE drivers (taking advantage of the
6-speed) or other 99 Miata drivers are using for the 225/55/15 or 225/45/15
Hoosiers or 225/50/15 Kumhos, (Tire Rack says 7.0, 7.5 & 7.0 respectively)??
Will the stock 6.0 inch rims work with any of these three tires and fit with
no interference problems? Or, maybe I should stick with the 205/50/15
Hoosiers/Kumhos that other 99 Miata drivers are using and take advantage of
the 6-speed where I can. What do you think?