Re: integra tires

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: integra tires
From: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 17:24:31 -0500

MattGent@aol.com wrote:

> To be able to run the 225s, I had to play some games with offsets.  Stock GSR
> rims are 45mm.  The Saturn are 38mm.  I run 9mm spacers to bring the wheels
> out to 47mm.  To do this I also had to install lengthened lugs.  I only have
> minor rubbing in the rear on the lower control arm under extreme loading.

To the best of my knowledge, all Saturn wheels are -50mm offset.
(discounting the new anti-Saturn LS, I don't know what those are)

I think you're looking at the offset backwards.  If your stock wheels
are -45mm offset, the Saturn's -50mm offset would be 5mm more to the
INSIDE of the car.  A 9mm spacer would move it back out to -41mm, which
is 4mm to the OUTSIDE of stock... which is stock class legal, and
probably also what you'd need to clear the suspension.  Just make sure
your wheel studs/bolts are plenty long enough for those 9mm spacers!

If you put wheels with -38mm offset (like Honda or VW wheels or most
aftermarkets), they would already be 7mm outboard of your stock wheels,
spacers would add to your offset... making it less negative.

I'm sure I could have stated that more clearly than I did.  Oh well, I'm
sure someone will clarify for me.

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://home.kscable.com/shad
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca