integra tires

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: integra tires
From: MattGent@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 18:13:14 EDT
I run 205/50 street tires on the stock rims and 225/50 Toyo RA-1s on saturn
rims for autocross on our stock 97 GSR.

To be able to run the 225s, I had to play some games with offsets.  Stock GSR
rims are 45mm.  The Saturn are 38mm.  I run 9mm spacers to bring the wheels
out to 47mm.  To do this I also had to install lengthened lugs.  I only have
minor rubbing in the rear on the lower control arm under extreme loading.

This is the first set of R tires I have put on the car, so I have no 225 vs
205 comparos.  I run the 225s all around so I can rotate and switch all the
tires.  The toyo's fit on the rim just fine.  I have 1 pair of used G-forces
to try when the toyos go away, and after that we'll buy new tires.  I haven't
decided whether to buy another set of toyos or go with the kuhmos, as its a
two relative newbie driver car and we go through tires fast.

Matt