Re: Nationals dates-school: Was rain and surface.

To: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Subject: Re: Nationals dates-school: Was rain and surface.
From: rohns@doitnow.com (Jim & Marilyn Rohn)
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 13:15:45 -0700 (MST)
At 12:27 PM 9/26/99, Randy Chase wrote:
>Steve Ostrovitz wrote:
>>
>> A little more than a year ago I brought up the prospect of having Nationals
>> before the school year started.
>
>I brought it up two years ago. Having Nats during school times is
>difficult for me also, and I am sure many others.

snip

>Two years, I took a poll on another mailing list of parents with special
>needs children. I asked them when their school years started.
>Surprisingly, a good perecentage still started in August.

FWIW, my son (10) starts school (public) in mid-August, August 16th this
year ....

My wife's birthday is Sept 5th, so *I'm* screwed if they hold it any
earlier (uhhh, yeah honey, I thought you'd like me gone for your birthday,
give you some time alone with our 10-yr old...yeah right!!!)

The current date suits us/me great now, son is in school for a month and
it's over a week AFTER the important date, and my family has NO interest
going ANYWHERE where dad is going to be standing out in a parking lot all
day.

YMMV

Jim Rohn
Beater Racing