Re: Rain at Nats, solutions? :-)

To: "TEAM.NET" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rain at Nats, solutions? :-)
From: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 13:11:54 -0700
As we discuss different possibilities, I would suggest that each venue
has its own attributes and problems - heat, cold, wet, surface breakup,
altitude, etc.

I would not view a site around 5000 feet as a reason to avoid an
otherwise good/better location.

I ran in Colorado about ten years ago (The "Durango GP") with a
carbureted MGB and it was not an issue for me. While I am not as fast as
some of you (disclaimer), I would think that those "at the top" could
easily handle a jetting change *if necessary*, to avoid chunks of the
course breaking up and a strong chance of wet weather.

Every possible site will have some issues, so we have to judge the whole.

Scott Meyers