X-Stock? BMW Z8... 400hp, 3000#, 0-60 in low 4's

To: Autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: X-Stock? BMW Z8... 400hp, 3000#, 0-60 in low 4's
From: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 10:20:01 -0500
I realize its far too early for the SEB to be even considering classing
this car, but that doesn't mean that team.net can't start speculating!

My new dream car... the Z8... a 3000# 400HP Z3, should run 0-60 in the
low 4's.  Will it be classed in SS?  Somehow I doubt it!  Is it doomed
to go the way of the other great sports cars and disallowed in Stock?

Or is 2000 the year to introduce a new Stock class... perhaps X-Stock
(in the tradition of the X-games and what-not)?

And then we can give the Dodge Viper and the Porsche 911 Turbo a place
to play in the Stock category.  And perhaps some of the other banished
cars, as well.

Thoughts?

Brian