SP Project car opinions?

To: "autox@autox. team. net (E-mail)" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: SP Project car opinions?
From: "Howard, Brent" <Brent.Howard@Searbrown.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 11:48:57 -0400
Hi All!

First of all, please be gentle on me if this seems like a dumb idea, but
hey, the price is right!

I have the opportunity to acquire a recently deceased Pontiac T-1000 for a
reasonable price (actually free if I will haul it away).  The car threw a
rod, but is otherwise in good shape mechanically - a few dings cosmetically.

I was wondering what you all thought of this car's potential as street
prepared player.  I'm wondering more about availability of parts to play
with than whether or not it will be truly competitive.  (The driver needs
the most work in that equation ;-)  )  In other words, could this car be a
fun project for something like the GRM $1500 challenge?  Is anybody out
there running in this car or one of it's GM twins?

Is there somewhere on the web where I could find the proposed
reclassifications within SP for next year?

Also, realizing that this is beyond Street Prepared, are there any other GM
engines that could be put in this little car with a minimum of fuss?

Please cc: me directly in any replies, as I'm on the digest.

Thanks for your time!

Brent Howard
Future TLS material!