Re: computers and timers

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: computers and timers
From: Jeff Blankenship <jblanken@itds.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 9:00:52 CDT
I'm looking to learn about the systems out there, especially the ones that
seem to be reliable and make the event run better than possible without
it - from registration through class bumping through timing through
PAXing the results and posting the results.  If no such animal exists, then
the minimum I need to know is what timing equipment is tough, reliable, and
can be placed such that errant drivers at the start and finish are really
unlikely to hit the sensors.  Preferably, this timing equipment can be
interfaced to a scoring computer, which can drive a digital display
should we come up with the cash someday.  I want to be educated before I
start whining too loudly that our stuff should be replaced.  I'm sure our
budget won't buy a dream system, but I'd like to find a system that can be
expanded over time, with each component being of very high quality.
--
Jeffrey D. Blankenship                         Senior Technical Consultant
jblanken@itds.com                              ITDS - TRIS