Re: computers and timers

To: "Jeff Blankenship" <jblanken@itds.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: computers and timers
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:10:16 -0700
CalClub uses the JACircuirs stand alone timer (which can interface to a
computer), as do many other regions, after using a couple of locally built
ones (which still work fine, and are kept for backup). Very reliable and
easy to use.  We are currently evaluating the AutoX scoring system, which
works great with the JAC (well some of us are totally sold on it, just gotta
convince the rest :-)).  I had written a spec for a scoring system over 10
years ago but we had nobody able to wite the software at the time. AutoX
exceeds this.  And I especially like the fact that Rob Gregg will customise
it to suit your local needs for a very reasonable fee.  No scoring system
will probably do everything just the way you would like so you may have to
slightly adjust some local procedures, but I think its worth it to have
instant results, mailing lists, lables, info the announcer can use
(including current class standing), etc. at your fingertips.  I'm sure the
other systems offered on this list are good, too, I just have experience
with this one.

Rick Brown
AP 240Z