RE: ABS and Tire size

To: "Mike Mitchell" <mitchell@tdi.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: ABS and Tire size
From: "Jeremy Schuster" <jeremys1@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 00:10:08 -0500
FWIW, I had big-time ABS problems on my '95 GTIVR6 when running *either*
taller or shorter R1s.  If I braked just to the point of front wheel lockup
at anything over ~30mph the ABS would do its thing but the car would not
stop!  The ABS would be pulsing away but the braking force was nearly nil.
I overshot many a corner when trying to brake just a little bit harder than
the run before.  After a couple of events I gave up trying to brake hard and
soon got rid of the car.  Others had(have) the same problem and the only
solution at the time was to pull the ABS fuse.

Jeremy L. Schuster