RE: ABS and Tire size

To: PbPied@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: ABS and Tire size
From: Brian M Kennedy <kennedy@i2.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 12:02:43 -0500
At 10:47 AM 9/29/99 , PbPied@aol.com wrote:
>Someone is going to have to explain to me why a simple change in tire
>diameter could have any effect on an ABS car's ability to function.

Agreed.  Changing the sizes of different tires differently could
be problematic... but if all four tires are the same size, it
shouldn't matter what size they are, within reason.

My ABS definitely functions fine with lots of different size tires...

Now, I have heard of really lousy ABS systems... perhaps a sudden
change in traction (with new tires) caused the ABS to start
misbehaving much worse than normal?  Or...  ???

Brian