Obsolete Cars and Enjoyment

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Obsolete Cars and Enjoyment
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 14:44:43 -0700
This is mostly regarding this whole RX-7 vs. Corvette debate. I'd like
everyone to look at the Really Big Picture.

Here is the sad truth. If you run in a stock class, the car you drive right
now (in stock), if it's competitive this year, it might be competitive in
two or three years, but in four and five years, chances are your car will be
obsolete. It doesn't matter its make or model. I'm really surprised that no
one has figured this out yet.

I knew when I got Lucy that she'd be out of date in like a year or two or
three. Car manufacturers are ALWAYS building better and faster cars. That's
why I made sure I got a car that I really LIKED, so when she did become
uncompetitive, I'd still have a car I really enjoy.

Some of us love autocrossing no matter what kind of cars we drive. It's how
we were brought up.

later,
Katie