Re: Rear sway bars in stock

To: Justin Hughes <ka1ult@channel1.com>
Subject: Re: Rear sway bars in stock
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 12:24:36 -0500
Justin Hughes wrote:
  But
> I'd love to see more than one car consistently at the top of a class, making
> it a race of machinery as well as pure driver skill.  When it's Neon vs.
> Neon vs. Neon etc. etc. it sometimes gets a little boring to watch.  But if
> it's Neon vs. Saturn vs. Civic vs. Escort GT...

I will say this about the Neon spec class...it may be boring to watch,
but if you really want to know where you stand as a driver it's the best
place to go, IMO.  It's not boring when your in the car, beleive me.
This is, after all, more of a participant sport than it is a spectator
sport, right?  (In other words, who cares about how it looks.)  :)  I
learned more about my driving and about car set up in my two seasons of
"Neon Stock" then perhaps my entire AX career before that.  This is why
I got a Neon, and on these counts it has been a full blown success.
"Spec Class" does not need to be a four letter word.  Somebody,
somewhere is going to make me eat those words I know, but from this
perspective it's not all a bad thing.

PLW