Re: PC response to stolen car notice-no autox content

To: autox@autox.team.net, johnlee@softdisk.com
Subject: Re: PC response to stolen car notice-no autox content
From: "Jan Schmidt" <jschmidt@kumc.edu>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 08:09:26 -0500
This info is pretty meaningless. These also happen to be the top selling
vehicles last year! What would really be interesting , would be top stolen
vehicles as a percentage of their total U.S. sales. I bet they would be:
Corvette, Supra, RX7, 300zx , 911, Boxter, M3, Integra R, Miata, etc
Bill Schmidt cs rx7 kc reg

somebody wrote:

> still disgusted over car thefts (and probably responding too > emotionally)
> after having one of our cars stolen and realizing that the
> local police
> don't even bother to come out to the "scene" any more

Since I'm a radio news guy, I got a news release this past Monday from
the Insurance Information Institute that's very timely in this
discussion.  But I was out of town mid-week and just remembered to
bring it home with me today.  It's too long to re-type in its entirety
but the meat of it is this:

A recent study by the National Insurance Crime Bureau ranked the most
commonly stolen vehicles in America.  The top ten are:
1.  Honda Accord
2.  Toyota Camry
3.  Chevrolet C/K Pickup
4.  Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee
5.  Honda Civic
6.  Oldsmobile Cutlass
7.  Ford F-series Pickup
8.  Fort Mustang
9.  Dodge Caravan
10. Toyota Corolla

Thought I'd share that with you if you haven't seen it already.  The
release also says that the list is based on nationwide numbers.  There
are variances from city-to-city.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman