Re: Conquest to GS

To: <BRUBEL51@aol.com>, <Smokerbros@aol.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Conquest to GS
From: "Kent Rafferty" <gs96@sgi.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 17:54:48 -0500
Unfortunately, that philosophy will increase the generic nature of
autocrossing.  Neons in D, Miatas in B, Celicas in E, etc.  Why not
take a little time annually and move the cars that most people can
agree could benefit from the move without becoming class killers,
e.g. SVOs, Conquests, Supra Turbos (ooops, where'd THAT come
from?), Alfas, RX-7s.......

Some of the best cars may be old (ahem, vintage) and/or rare, why
bury them when they might have a chance at the local or regional
level in a slower (more appropriate) class?

All IMO,

Kent Rafferty
'93 Supra TT

> Why support a long out of production and now fairly rare car?  If you do
> that, you also need to find a better place for RX-7s, Alfa Romeos, etc.
Will
> those cars ever be popular enough to warrant the work?  Not really...
>
> Charlie Davis
> (Used to be the SCAC Chair.
> Got tired of Stock Classes.
> Now I'm going Prepared)
>

>  >>
> Hi: The point is that since the Conquest was obviousely layed to rest
because
> it was an overachiever in GS and now the DSM and the Type R is dominating
> why not just even the scales and place the proper car in the proper
class...
> If you can place anycar in any class then there is no need to have a class
> structure.. I am not asking that this specific car be reclassed what i am
> saying is that cars be classed properly as to where they belong.  that the
> SCAC does not classify cars for individuals or sponsorship to create a
> winner.  If we are to have faith in the classification structure of the
SCCA