Re: Scotty

To: Iain Mannix <mannix@privateI.com>
Subject: Re: Scotty
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 16:27:39 -0700
Iain Mannix wrote:

> Hey, calling Scotty a "dickhead" is downright uncalled for -

Agreed. I have seen no reason to think that Scotty does not understand
grassroots motorsports. Both he and Linay have always been helpful to
me, even though my trailer looked like a tire chock for his semi. I
still owe Scotty and Linay a dinner for taking my tires for me to Topeka
from Denver in 1997. Okay, I would rather just take LiNay...but Scotty
was part of the package. :-)

As much as I find this entire thread overly long and mostly boring for
me, I also think there is some good information in it, and there has
been some worthy points raised. If nothing else, I have considered
something I had not thought of before and what it means to run in any SP
class nationally. The questions asked were intelligent and not deserving
of "dickhead" status. Please, we need to conserve our use of the 'D'
word for when it counts. This was not it.

Anyway, for those without humor (and is it me, or does that seem more
common lately?) and those that have a hard time hitting delete, this
thread too will eventually die. I am glad it's not involving CS and
MR2s. :-)

P.S. Has anyone mentioned Hitler or Nazi's so we can invoke Godwin's
law?

This would be an unfortunate time for a newbie to join team.net. Or
maybe not.

I never heard Mark Sirota mention weight and shift knobs. I saved the
posts from that thread and I did find mention of driver
advantage...which makes sense IMO.

So LiNay, let me know when that dinner thing might work out? You can
bring the bug guy too I guess.

P.P.S. We know that whenever Captain Kirk asked for more power, Scotty
came through.

Randy Chase (My kids loved the semi "Barney")
*most of this post was tongue-in-cheek for the humor impaired, except
the point that dickhead should not be used for a disagreement*